I am so glad you’re here! Today, I am sharing Memphis, TN & Oxford, MS Estates and Venues that are perfect for the Fine Art Bride! Furthermore, if you wish to dive deeper into what “fine art” means, I encourage you to check out my journal entry which expounds on that pretty phrase. In my journal entry linked above, I explain the importance of choosing a venue that achieves the editorial, fine art style.
Venue and location is a major influence in producing a refined and sophisticated fine art wedding. Likewise, choosing your other vendors who share the same editorial, fine art style and aesthetic is just as important! As a bride, I encourage you to include your photographer in your planning process. Your photographer has valuable experience and advice that will truly help you achieve the fine art wedding of your dreams!
1. Annesdale Mansion – Annesdale Mansion is where I got married! It is my favorite venue, but I am bias. This sprawling Victorian age historical mansion offers multiple grand rooms for you, your families and guests to enjoy a serene experience. In addition, welcome your guests to a dreamy garden ceremony. You and your guests will feel like they are walking the grounds of an English countryside estate! Finally, host your guests to a lavish seated outdoor reception.
2. Orion Hill – Orion Hill is a gorgeous historic estate that sits on twenty acres of countryside in Arlington, Tennessee about thirty minutes from Memphis. This elegant ten thousand square foot venue sits on lavish green lawns that you can easily walk. Nearby, there is a beautiful lake that draws local wildlife offering the perfect peaceful setting for your fine art wedding!
3. The Brooks Museum – The Brooks Museum is a stunning white marble art museum in the heart of Midtown Memphis. The museum offers the largest fine art collection in the state of Tennessee. In the back, there is a beautiful gated lush garden where wedding ceremonies take place. In addition to the gardens, the Brooks Museum allows the indoor spaces around the museum to be used. Picture having a luxury editorial wedding at a fine art museum. Your guests will love admiring the fine pieces as they sip on cocktails in their black-tie attire.
4. Dixon Gallery & Gardens – The Dixon Gallery & Gardens is a breathtaking seventeen acre gardens and fine art museum tucked away in the heart of East Memphis. Adjacent to the gallery, the gardens offer formal spaces, woodlands and cutting gardens full of spectacular flowers, plants and art sculptures. The Dixon offers incredible walking trails throughout for your guests to explore and admire the lush highly regarded gardens.
5. Castle Hill of Oxford – Castle Hill majestically sits on a hilltop waiting to welcome all your family and friends. This beautiful, sprawling white estate is just outside of darling Oxford, Ms. Adjacent to the mansion, Castle Hill offers a gorgeous white chapel lined with tall windows that overlooks the hilltop. In back, lush lawns provide the perfect place for a tent (sailcloth tents are the best) to host your guests to a night of fine outdoor dining and elaborate details! Say goodnight and ride off into the night in a classic vintage car to end a perfect day!
I always love every opportunity to work at each of these stunning venues and estates! I hope this was helpful as you plan your fine art wedding! It would be a joy to hear from you and dream up all the pretty details along with you!
xoxo, Mary Kate